To earn Canon Points, you must register for a Customer Account. Canon Points is a program we created for our retail customers to reward you for purchasing Canon Press products. Canon Points are tracked by the email address you enter at registration. There is no cost to participate in the program. Please read the following information carefully:
How do I earn Canon Points?
You're automatically "signed up" for Canon Points when you register for a Customer Account.
- Purchases: Each product published/created by Canon Press has been assigned a point value. For every dollar you spend, you will earn 1 point. Each point is equal to a 10% credit. For example, by spending $500 you would earn 500 Canon Points, with a value of $50 that you can apply as a discount on a new order.
- Referring Friends: You can earn Canon Points by referring friends to our store. You can earn points for every friend that you refer that places an order on their first visit. You'll earn 1 point for every dollar they spend on Canon Press products.
- Subscribe: You will earn 50 (fifty) Canon Points by signing up for our eNewsletter. Remember, in order to receive and redeem your points, you must register for a Customer Account.
- Submit Product Reviews: You can earn Canon Points by writing a review.
- You must sign in to your account in order to earn Canon Points.
- Earn 10 (ten) Canon Points for your first review when it's approved, and 5 (five) points for additional approved reviews.
- The minimum number of characters you must enter is 100.
- The maximum number of Canon Points awarded for Reviews is 100.
On each product page you'll see a tab for Customer Reviews. Select Write Your Own Review. So what would you say? And do others really care? Of course! How many times have you asked a friend their opinion before you bought a product? Here's a few tips to get you started:
- Be honest! You won't hurt our feelings or anyone else's. Just be civil and no name calling.
- Include the name of the product in the Review Title.
- Did the product meet your needs? Did you find the information you were looking for? Did you like the cover and the layout of the text?
- Would you recommend this product to your friends and/or family?
How do I track/view my Canon Points?
- On each product page you will see the total number of points. As you add products to your shopping cart the system will automatically keep track of the total.
- You'll then be notified of the number of points you've earned with that purchase on the order verification page and in your order confirmation email.
- Important: The only time you won't earn Canon Points is when you're redeeming points on an order. In other words, if you are redeeming points on a purchase, your entire order will not earn you more rewards.
- Otherwise, every eligible purchase will earn you Canon points. Once your order is completed you can view your Canon Rewards Points by logging in to your account and clicking on the "View Canon Points" link. There you will see how many points you've earned and how much the points are worth.
How do I redeem Canon Points?
- When you're checking out, simply enter the number of points you would like to use in the box at the bottom of the Payment & Order Information page.
- Click on RECALCULATE and the Place Order.
- You can use some or all of your points up to the amount of the products being purchased before shipping and taxes. Just enter how many points you want to use and our system will automatically calculate how much of a discount your points are equal to.
Here's the fine print:
- Canon Points are for "retail" customers only.
- Canon Points can only be used on new orders. Points cannot be issued retroactively for prior purchases.
- You cannot earn Canon Points if you are signed in as a guest or if you place your order via email or telephone.
- Canon Points are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable.
- Canon Points are only rewarded for products published and/or created by Canon Press.
- Canon Points cannot be applied toward shipping or taxes.
- You cannot apply more than the Canon Points you've earned and we won't take more points than you need to get something free.
- If you buy something and pay all or part of the purchase with Canon Points, no additional points will be earned on that sale.
- If you used Canon Points to purchase an item and you return the item, we will deduct the associated points from your account at the time of purchase, but the points are not refundable. So note to self: Don't return any items purchased using points.
- Canon Press reserves the right to alter, suspend or cancel the Canon Points program at any time (in whole or in part) without advance notice. Change to or suspension of this program or modification of the parameters may result in a change to the Canon Points available or redemption qualifications of your points and is at the discretion of Canon Press.
- The Canon Points program is void where prohibited and subject to U.S. laws.